Differential Geometry and Analysis Seminar
Met on Wednesdays 2:30-3:30 pm.
Christina Sormani at
Schedule, Spring 2002
- January 30: No meeting
First week of classes
- February 6: Sylvia Serfaty, Courant Institute
"Limiting jump energies for micromagnetics"
- February 13: Ivan Blank, Rutgers New Brunswick
"Sharp Results for the Regularity and
Stability of the Free Boundary in the Obstacle Problem"
- February 20: Penny Smith, Lehigh University
"A New Method in Nonlinear Hyperbolic PDEs"
- February 27: Jared Wunsch, S.U.N.Y. at Stony Brook
"A Poisson summation formula for conic manifolds"
- March 6: Jorge Lauret, Yale University
"Einstein and Ricci soliton metrics on solvable Lie groups"
- March 13: Kai Cieliebak, I.A.S.
Equivariant moduli problems
- March 20: Iossef Polterovich, CANCELLED
- March 27: No meeting, Spring Break
Note Tatiana Toro will be speaking at Columbia University 4:15pm, 520
- April 3: Peter Buser, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne
"Spectral rigidity of Fuchsian groups of small signature"
- Friday April 5: Bryan Clair, (special time 1:30-2:30pm)
"Growth of Betti numbers of covering spaces"
- April 10: Jay Jorgensen, City College, C.U.N.Y.
"The heat kernel on parabolics in G/K, G=SL(n,C)."
- April 17: Mu-Tao Wang, Columbia University
"Mean curvature flow in higher codimension"
- April 24: Nancy Hingston, The College of New Jersey,
"Metrics without Morse Index Bounds"
- May 1: Alex Nabutovsky, U. Toroto,
"The minimal mass of a stationary 1-cycle and the length of
the shortest closed geodesic"
- May 8: Yanyan Li, Rutgers at New Brunswick
"On some conformally invariant fully nonlinear equations"
- May 15: Zheng-chao Han, Rutgers at New Brunswick
"Some Global Geometric Questions of Harmonic Maps from
Certain Complete Manifolds into Negatively Curved Manifolds"