Due Date: midnight, Friday, 7 September.
This assignment focuses on the material in the first two chapters.
Submit the following programs via Blackboard:
- Modify the chaos program (available from the author's website) so that
it prints out 20 values instead of 10.
- Modify the avg2.py program (Section 2.5.3 from the
book) to find the average of five exam scores.
- Modify the convert.py program (Section 2.2, and available from the author's
website) so that it computes and prints a table of Celsius temperatures and the Fahrenheit
equivalences every 2 degrees from -10C to 10C.
- Write a program that prints your name to the screen 20 times.
- Write a program that converts weights measured in grams to ounces.
One ounce is approximately 28.35 grams.
For more information on using Blackboard, see the first
- Two of the five submitted programs will be chosen at random for grading.
- Assignments must be submitted by midnight on the date due.
- Every program should begin with a comment that includes your name and a brief description.
- No credit will be given for a late assignment.
- Extra credit will be awarded for graded programs that are submitted early. If a graded
program is submitted more than 12 hours early (before Friday noon), 1 extra credit point will be awarded. For
graded programs submitted more than 24 hours early (Thursday or earlier), 2 extra credit points will be awarded.
- Before submitting an assignment you are free to ask for help in class
(if your question might be of general interest), during office hours, and
by e-mail. Please take advantage of this.